Cargo Charters (Mail And Goods)
- Applications for permission to operate cargo charter flights should be made to the CAA, by country of registration of the aircraft involved.
- Applications must contain confirmation whether dangerous goods, weapons or munitions of war are to be carried, if it is proposed to carry forbidden goods, as defined in ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (Doc 9284-AN/905), confirmation should be provided by the airline that an exemption has been issued by the CAA of Albania.
Operators of aircraft registered in a Chicago Convention Contracting State, wishing to apply to the CAA for the permission to operate inclusive tour charter services to/from Albania, are reminded that their applications must give the following information for each series of flights:
- Name and address of operator;
- Type and call sign of aircraft, nationality and registration marks of aircraft, and capacity to be provided during the whole period (on round trip basis) and showing, where there is more than one tour organizer, the number of seats allocated to each organizer;
- Program of operations, including the itinerary of the aircraft;
- Name(s) and address(es) of the travel agency(ies) or tour organizer(s);
- A certified/notarized copy of the contract(s) with tour operator(s) for intended flights to Albania;
- A certificate of the tour operator’s business registration or of its branch in Albania;
- Details of the conditions under which the inclusive tour is organized:
- minimum price payable by a passenger for the inclusive tour;
- Complete routing of the inclusive tour;
- Duration of inclusive tour (including stay at hotel).
- In accordance with the recommendations of the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC), CAA requires application for seasonal inclusive tour charter flights to be made by the following dates:
- For flights between 1 April and 31 October, by 15 January;
- For flights between 1 November and 31 March, by 1 September.
- These time limits shall not, however, apply to single flights or series of flights for which information is not available by the dates specified. In these cases CAA will require a notice at least three full working days in advance for single flights and twenty full working days in advance for series of flights. Any alterations in the condition of operational programs already approved must be submitted for approval at the earliest possible date.
Note: Permits will only authorize the carriage of passengers paying an inclusive charge for air transport, surface transport, hotel accommodation and/or facilities in connection with a special event, booked by the tour organizers named in the application for it. It is therefore important that any travel agent(s) associated with the charterer of the aircraft should be named in the application.