- Prior permission is not required for private flights of foreign civil aircraft registered in States, which are parties to the Chicago Convention for overflying Albania or for making non-traffic stops in Albanian territory. However, the flight plan for such a flight shall be submitted to the ATS Authority of Albania at least one hour prior to the flight or at least two hours prior to entering Albanian airspace.
- Permissions for such flights by aircraft registered in States not parties to the Chicago Convention should be sought in accordance with the procedure as set out in GEN 1.2.3 for commercial flights.
Flights to and from Albania
- Prior permission is required for private flights of foreign civil aircraft to operate into or from Albanian territory.
- Permissions for such flights should be sought in accordance with the procedure as set out in GEN 1.2.3 for charter flights.
- Pilots of private flights have the obligation in respect of passport-control requirements and are to present their passengers on arrival and departure to the Immigration Officer or to the Customs Office.
- Sports and tourist aircraft may fly along routes and use airports, whichare not authorized for international use, on condition that the first landing and last take-off before leaving Albanian territory is carried out from an international airport. The list of persons on board shall be attached to the flight plan.
In addition to the documents mentioned under GEN 1.2.3 above, a copy of certificate of ownership is required in the case of an aircraft remaining within Albania for less than 2 days. For a stay beyond 2 days after the date of arrival, a “carnet de passages endouane” will be accepted in lieu of a bond or of any other financial guarantee.